For MA (Social Work, Rural Management and Gandhian Studies, Social Communication and Buddhist Studies), and BA (Social Work) courses
- Every Year in the month of April/May, advertisement is made for fresh admission into different courses.
- Applications should be in the prescribed forms for admission to the course.
- Prescribed application forms and prospectus for MA(common application) and BA Courses are made available online. The processing charge of applications for MA courses is Rs. 750/- (INR Three Hundred only) and for BA courses is Rs.400/- (INR Two Hundred only).
- The applicants for BA and MA courses are to submit the application forms by 15 July 2022.
FOR BA SOCIAL WORK
- The candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (+2) examinations of Government of Odisha, or HSE of the Central Board, or any other State Government, or equivalent examination, approved by the Utkal University, are eligible for admission to the course. Seats for the Scheduled Castes/Tribes and the Physically challenged are reserved as per existing rules.
- Academic record, co-curricular activities and social service, community work experience, if any, constitute the criteria of selection to this course, for which merit list will be prepared. The list of candidates short listed for admission will be prepared in order of merit, and according to marks obtained in various tests.
FOR MA SOCIAL WORK AND MA SOCIAL COMMUNICATION
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Arts, Science or Commerce of a recognised University, with 50% marks in the aggregate, (45% for SC/ST) are eligible to apply for admission. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and candidates of other special categories as per Rules.
- Academic record, performance in entrance tests, nature of co-curricular activities, social service or practical field experience in action situations, if any, will form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course. Those sponsored by welfare organizations will be preferred.
FOR MA IN RURAL MANAGEMENT AND GANDHIAN STUDIES, MA IN BUDDHIST STUDIES
- Graduates from any discipline from a recognised University with 45% for general and 40% marks for SC/ST in aggregate can apply. Reservation of seats will be made for SC/ST and physically challenged candidates as per rules. Those who are in the final year and expect to complete all the requirements of graduation by the beginning of the selection process in the present course can also apply.
- Academic record, performance in personal interviews, nature of social service or practical field experience shall form the basis for selection of candidates for admission to the course.
- The Institute would welcome employees of NGOs, engaged in rural development and those associated with Gandhian Institutions, as sponsored candidates who should hold a Graduate Degree in any stream- Science, Arts, Commerce, Management.
To minimise the economic hardship of the students, the Institute provides financial support to the socially and economically backward class students in the form of scholarship facility and also ensures to receive and disburse other scholarships for SC / ST / Minority / BPL / financially disadvantaged students by the UGC and Govt. of India. The institute has a scholarship scheme for the BPL category students where they get financial support annually and the amount varies as per their economic status.